William Thomas Roberts was born 25 Dec 1864 in Missouri to Samuel Jonathan and Deliah (Webb) Roberts. He married Mary Elizabeth Hansard 11 Sep 1887 in Howe, Grayson Co., TX at the home of her father, Thomas Lawson Gaines Hansard. Mary Elizabeth Hansard was born 29 Dec 1867 in Springfield, Green Co., MO. William Thomas Roberts took part in the famous Oklahoma Land Rush. He lived in various locations in OK. After living for a time in Greer Co., OK, they settled in Silverton, TX.
William Thomas Roberts & Mary Elizabeth Hansard had the following children:
- Anna Deliah Roberts born 12 Feb 1891 in Howe, Grayson Co., TX, who married Samuel Glespy Barton on 20 Dec 1908 in Mangum, Greer Co., OK. She died 4 Jan 1919 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., TX. She is buried in the Silverton Cemetery.
- William Claude Roberts, born 19 Dec 1892 in Kentuckytown, Fannin Co., TX, who married Mary Lilla Smith 30 Sep 1913 in Wichita Fallas, TX. He died 13 Oct 1918 at his grandfather’s home in Whitewright, Grayson Co., TX, a victim of the flu epidemic.
- Roy Lee Roberts born 27 Jul 1895 in Coalgate, Coal Co., OK. He married Dorothy Lee Martin in 21 Sep 1917. He died 13 May 1956 in Amarillo, TX.
- Thomas Jefferson “Jeff” Roberts was born 24 Oct 1896 in Durant, OK. He married Minnie Carr in 1917. He died 23 Oct 1965 in Lubbock, TX.
- Robert Monroe “Bob” Roberts was born 23 Jul 1898 in Cameron, Milam Co., TX. He married Johnnie Lou McKinney 1 May 1925 in Lubbock, TX. He died 3 Nov 1994 in Texas.
- John Sidney “Sid” Roberts was born 26 Apr 1900 in Lexington, OK and died 26 Oct 1903.
- Bailey Francis Roberts was born 16 Feb 1902 in Coalgate, Coal Co., OK. He married Pauline Newton in 1925. He died in 1970 in Amarillo, TX.
- George Washington Roberts was born 11 Mar 1904 in Coalgate, Coal Co., OK. He married Gladys Lou Bradley 4 Aug 1925 in Vernon, TX. He died 24 Jan 1981 in CA.
- Sarah Gladys “Sis” Roberts was born 24 Mar 1906 in Brinkman, Greer Co., OK. She married Edgar Milton Pharr 16 Jan 1926 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., TX. She died in 1992 in NC.
- Thomas Samuel “Buddy” Roberts was born 8 Aug 1911 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., TX. He died 8 Nov 1918 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., TX. He is buried in the Silverton Cemetery.
William Thomas Roberts died in 19 Dec 1939 in Lubbock, TX and is buried in the Silverton Cemetery. Mary Elizabeth (Hansard) Roberts died 25 Dec 1941 in Lubbock, TX and is buried in the Silverton Cemetery. Also buried in the Silverton Cemetery are William Thomas’ mother, Deliah (Webb) Roberts, who lived with her son after her husband, Samuel Jonathan Roberts died in 1915 in Trousdale, Pottawatomie Co., OK. She died Aug 1917 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., TX. Lubbock Avalanche – Journal
December 1939 (date??) William T. Roberts, 74, resident of Lubbock 12 years, died at 7:50 o’clock Sunday night at his home at 2623 Ruby Street. High blood pressure and heart and kidney ailments caused his death, said a physician.
Funeral at Silverton Funeral Services were to be conducted at the First Baptist Church at Silverton at 2:30 o’clock this afternoon, Sanders Funeral Home announced. Rev. Jeff D. Welch of the Lubbock Central Baptist Church went to Silverton to officiate. The funeral home announced burial would be in Silverton Cemetery.
Mr. Roberts was survived by his wife, five sons, Roy of Mangum, OK, Jeff of Lubbock, Bob of Amarillo, Bailey of Odell and George of Lubbock; one daughter, Mrs. Gladys Pharr of Lubbock; one brother, M.w. Roberts of Byars, OK, one sister Mrs. John Jones of Tokio; 22 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Friday, Decemeber 26, 1941
ROBERTS FUNERAL TO BE AT SILVERTON Funeral Services are to be conducted at the Silverton Baptist Church at 2 o’clock this afternoon for Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Roberts, 74, a resident of Lubbock for 15 years, who died Thursday afternoon at 4:20 o’clock at the home of her daughter Mrs. Gladys Pharr, 2621 Ruby Street.
————– Funeral home will direct burial in Silverton Cemetery. In addition to the daughter, the ———– George Roberts, R.M. Roberts. [This was so faded that I could not make out some of the words.]
(1) Family Bible in possession of Gladys Pharr’s family of Greensboro, NC.
(2) Marr. Cert. – Grayson Co., TX. Silverton Cemetery, Briscoe Co., TX Barton, Anna Deliliah (Roberts), 02/12/1891, 12/14/1919, Org. S. Side #260, Barton, S.G.
Roberts, Delilah, 1848, 1917, Wife of S.J., Org. S. Side #245, Roberts, W.T.
Roberts, Mary E., 11/29/1867, 12/25/1941, Org. S. Side #245, Roberts, W.T.
Roberts, Thomas Samuel, 08/08/1911, 11/08/1918, Nickname was Buddy, Org. S. Side #245, Roberts, W.T.
Roberts, William Thomas, 12/25/1864, 12/17/1939, Org. S. Side #245, Roberts, W.T.
(1) www.myfamily.com, “My Roberts/Hansard/Webb Connections; History Section; Descendants of William and Mary Roberts/John and Patsy Smith”.
(2) Descendants of William Roberts and Mary Holder/John Smith and Patsy Haggard compiled by James Turbett and Christine Hindle.